We know that you’ll have questions about our procedures and protocol, and we thank you for helping us maintain our rules and standards. Check here for the answers to the questions most frequently asked of our office personnel. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please give us a call. We’re happy to help!

How do I enroll my child at Ridgway Area School District?

We are thrilled to welcome new members to our community! Please visit our Registration page for information about enrolling your child at one of our schools. You may also download and print a copy of the registration forms and bring the completed forms, together with the required documentation, to the main office of the school your child will attend.

Does RASD offer breakfast and lunch?

We operate an excellent nutrition program at each campus. Our cafeterias serve breakfast and lunch every school day for a reasonable price. We also participate in the federal free and reduced price lunch program for those who qualify. For more information or to apply for free/reduced meals, please see our Food Services page.

What if my child requires medication during the school day?

We will administer medication in accordance with state regulations and with physician and parental approval. Please complete our medication authorization form (available in the office), and bring medications in the original, labeled packaging to the front office.

What do I need to do if my child will be absent from school?

If your child must miss school, please call the school office on the day of his/her absence. Regular attendance is vital to the academic success of your child. If you need to schedule doctor’s appointments, we ask that you be respectful of the school hours and schedule appointments before or after school or during school holidays whenever possible. We do understand that sometimes children are sick or a family emergency arises.

What if my child needs to leave school early?

A parent or guardian must sign out and pick up students at the front office. Students with a valid driver’s license who can drive themselves may leave campus with prior written permission from a parent/guardian and approval from the principal.

How can I get involved in my child’s education?

We encourage parents to visit our schools and get involved in campus-specific events and by volunteering. To get involved at the district level, we invite you to attend our board meetings, held on the second Tuesday of each month in the elementary school library at 6:30 p.m.